Thursday, October 13, 2011

Water: The Secret to Reducing Weight

There are different diets recommended for weight reduction. Since high school, I have been sort of obsessed on my weight. I stopped being concerned with my weight when I became 29 years old. The reason? I can't lose weight the way I used to. It's age, baby. We have to admit that there is a certain age where your metabolism would suddenly slow down. Even if you starve yourself and workout yourself to death, the metabolism would adjust and keeps accommodating that unwanted fat on your body.

I used to lose weight (I do yo-yo dieting) in three days. That means cutting on sugar and salt. Then I started exploring Pilate's. Its nice for the body but when you are busy and travel a lot, you start failing to do the exercise. Then you stop. There are also the list of 3-day diets, fruit diets and I even resorted to Xenical and slimming teas. The Xenical and slimming teas does not have any effect at all, or if there are, they are negligible.

image from flickr
 Lately however, I started drinking water in the morning. Water is the first thing that goes into my body. For two weeks, I have been doing that expecting nothing. My goal is to hydrate my skin. I have been experimenting with water as skin regimen because of lazyness on applying BB cream on my face. I want the dewy look of BB cream sans the cream itself. Yesterday, I stared at the mirror and noticed that I am slimmer. My face is thinner in a good way. May skin, of course looks healthy!
image from flickr

I have been recommending water to the hubby since then. Start with a half glass for the first three days until you get used to drinking in the morning. Then increase based on how your body dictates.

Try it.

And smile, of course.


image from flickr
 Nothing beats a happy soul when it comes to looking great.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone seems to think that because something says “organic” its automatically better but thats actually not the case. Many soaps are made from natural ingredients. The best soap in my opinion is plain dial because it doesnt contain extra oils/scents that clog pores.Yonka a name in skin care solution for all skin types.

    ReplyDelete